Friday 17 July 2009

MONOTONIX First full length album and free Leeds show!



It seems weird because it feels like they've been around ages, I mean Levi the singer obviously has been around physically for ages, although he cuts a mean figure and doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. MONOTONIX first full length is due out this September on Drag City. I'll be interested to see who rates it and who hates it. I myself really love the band but I've seen them live a number of times and I'm basing my affection on the strength of their mental performances. When it comes to their recordings, I feel they lack something, maybe if their records came with a stench of sweat and fire it may conjure up a live feeling, perhaps.





They hit Europe very soon and here are the dates. The Iron Wagon is promoting the Leeds show at A Nation of Shopkeepers on Friday 21st August which is also a free gig, splendid.

22 Jul - Parklife Festival, Milan
23 Jul - The Menagerie, Belfast
24 Jul - Crawdaddy, Dublin
25 Jul - Supersonic Festival, Birmingham
07 Aug - Off Festival, Myslowice
09 Aug - Festival Les Nuits, Aulnoye Aymeries
12 Aug - Oya Festival, Oslo
14 Aug - Way Out West Festival, Goteborg
16 Aug - Summer Sundae Festival, Leicester
17 Aug - The Marquee, Norwich
19 Aug - Sneaky Pete’s, Edinburgh Fringe Festival
20 Aug - Stereo, Glasgow
21 Aug - A Nation of Shopkeepers, Leeds (FREE SHOW!)
22 Aug - Start the Bus, Bristol
23 Aug - The Engine Room, Brighton
24 Aug - The Garage, London

Listen to Monotonix on Last.fm

No comments: