Thursday 22 January 2009

ANIMAL COLLECTIVE video "My Girls"

"Material things.... like a social status"



Officially the lead track from their new album Merriweather Post Pavilion, the song is My Girls which was the first leaked track off the album. It was pretty obvious this was the lead track, but the more I listen to the album the more I hear subtle things which make other songs more exciting. For instance 'Summertime clothes' with its glam-rock beat and story telling lyrics in almost impossible to listen too without wanting to grab your skateboard and cruise around in the sunshine, if only it wasn't raining....

Here's the link to the video, this is the Hi Bandwidth version on Pitchfork which is great quality CLICK ME!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so need to get Animal Collective's new album.

Love your blog Ash. Good shit.

And yeah BLK JKS I heard their songs -- Riverside/Wayside? Can't remember the name... back in August?

I don't usually like linking... but,

I think you'll like this guy.


http://www.myspace.com/kwes