Sunday, 29 June 2008
Picture perfect: Introducing Mike King
Basically Mike King rules and should he wish to, he could take a piss on any poster designer out there right now and the urine drenched victim would still have to hold his hands up and say 'Well you are Mike King, I guess I deserved that one'.
I met Mike at Flatstock this year and was drawn to his huge collection of Decemberists artwrk, we had a brief chat and here's what I learned.
1. He designed CD art for Ben Harper, Jack Johnson and Elliott Smith (to name a few)
2. He lives in Portland, Oregon
3. He's been around the block a few times
4. He has a hand shake like Henry Rollins on steroids
5. He's down by law!
6. Other artists let their wives sleep with him
7. You don't talk to Mike King, he talks to you
Visit Mike's site Crash America
Posted by The Iron Wagon at 14:23